I posted this photo on Instagram and Facebook and I’ve had a few requests for the recipe! This is a recipe adapted from a lovely blog: My Clean Plate at WordPress. The reason why I like it is that it only takes a few minutes to make, is very nutritious and filling, and after it is cooked it is portable if you wanted to take it to work or eat on the go! I make this on the mornings that my family have breakfast cereal which is about two days a week (the other days I make eggs or low fodmap pancakes – recipes to come!) My littlest taste testers also likes this muffin in a mug!
Low Fodmap Muggin (Muffin in a Mug)
Take a mug and crack one egg into it, beat with a fork.
To this add:
- 1/4 cup of finely ground flaxeed meal – recently I have also been using a great new product by Celebrate Health – see the pic – which is a lovely blend of Flaxseeds [70%] with almonds, brazil nuts and walnuts – all great low fodmap nuts! You could make your own blend of flaxseed meal and almond meal which would also be lovely, or just stick to plain flaxseed…
- 4 teaspoons of melted coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of rice malt syrup, maple syrup, pure stevia or sugar – I usually use 1 teaspoon of rice malt syrup and 1 mini scoops of pure stevia
Mix all together and put in the microwave for 1 minute on the highest setting.
This is a recipe you could experiment with; I am thinking of incorporating pumpkin or cacoa for something new, even zucchini (courgette) and cheese could work…
If you find some successful combinations please share them!