I have made these low fodmap flaxseed crackers in preparation for New Years Eve. I am intending to smear them with a little cream cheese and top with smoked salmon and caviar.
After I made them I decided that they were too good not to share! They are also low carb and gluten free.
This is the recipe…
Low Fodmap Flaxseed Crackers
1 cup flaxseed meal (I use golden flaxseed meal)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon garlic olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1. Heat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. When I made it, the ingredients came together more like a dough than a batter.
3. Place the dough onto a piece of baking paper or parchment and cover with another piece of baking paper or parchment. Roll out the mixture until it is about 1/8 inch.
4. Using a small round cutter cut out cracker sized pieces and place on a 3rd piece of baking paper/parchment on top of a biscuit tray. I used an egg cup to get the small sized crackers.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes checking to ensure that they don’t get too brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.